- You are here:
- Our Support Services
- Disability Support Service
- Assessment Of Need
Assessment of Need
The Disability Support Service is now available to carry out an Assessment of Need* for individual students and will submit funding applications to the Higher Education Authority (HEA).
Why carry out an Assessment of Need?
A comprehensive Assessment of Need must be undertaken in order to support funding applications to the HEA for individual students. The Assessment of Need provides a clear rationale for the supports requested on the funding application.
- Do you have students with disabilities and/or learning difficulties registered on full-time courses presenting in your college?
- Do they have specific support needs?
If you have answered YES to these questions the college can access funding through the ‘Fund for Students with Disabilities’ for the following supports:
• Assessment of need
• Note takers
• Personal assistance
• Funding for transport for students with mobility difficulties
• Learning support
• Electronic note takers (in specific circumstances)
• ISL interpreters
• Assistive technology (hardware and software)
Want further information?
Please contact Grainne Delahunt, Disability Support Service Coordinator on 01 885 1382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Assessment of Need does not cover Educational Psychological Assessments.